Cannabis is an impressively versatile plant, taking on a wide range of forms to offer the ultimate in variety. One such form is a cannabis tincture, a type of cannabis-infused product with a long and storied history that dates back generations. Convenient, user-friendly, and smoke-free, tinctures offer a fuss-free option that appeals to new and seasoned consumers alike.
But what exactly is a cannabis tincture, and is it right for you? We’re taking a deep dive into everything you need to know about this “liquid gold in a bottle,” so you can make an informed decision and venture forward with cannabis confidence.
What is a Tincture?
A tincture is a liquid product, formulated with a high-percentage alcohol and presented in handy dropper-top bottles. Essentially, a tincture is a cannabis-infused alcohol, created using a precise process.
Similar to the process of extracting cannabis oil, a tincture utilizes a solvent (alcohol) to extract cannabinoids (THC and CBD) and terpenes from the cannabis plant. Alcohol is both the solvent and an ingredient in the final product, which is where tinctures differ from traditional cannabis oils.
Interestingly, tinctures were the primary form of cannabis-based medicine for decades, up until the United States outlawed cannabis. Now, as a growing number of states legalize medicinal and/or recreational cannabis consumption, tinctures have made an impressive comeback.
Although some individuals make DIY tinctures at home, most consumers prefer the convenience and consistency of professionally-formulated tinctures instead. The process of making a homemade cannabis tincture can be a hassle, while purchasing high-quality options from your favorite dispensary delivers a far more enjoyable and reliably excellent experience.
THC vs. CBD Tinctures: What are the Differences?
If it’s your first time shopping for cannabis tinctures, you may be surprised to see an extensive variety of options to consider. Before you invest in a tincture, it can be helpful to know a few basic facts. Perhaps most important to understand is the primary types of tinctures, which are categorized according to their cannabinoid content.
Cannabinoids, such as CBD and THC, each have their own properties and unique effects. Depending on your desired experience, you may find that a specific ratio of cannabinoids is right for you. As you’re considering which tinctures to try, you’re likely to see products broken down into three main types:
● THC tinctures: Tinctures that are primarily concentrated with THC are popular with marijuana enthusiasts, as THC is the cannabinoid responsible for many of marijuana’s best-known effects.
● CBD tinctures: Usually sourced from hemp (rather than marijuana), a CBD tincture is ideal for individuals who don’t enjoy the effects of THC. CBD is believed to have many of the same benefits of THC, with the absence of its intoxicating effects. As a result, they are regulated differently than products containing THC. In states in which cannabis is still reserved for medical use, CBD-only tinctures can be an option for individuals who are not MMJ patients.
● Tinctures with both THC and CBD: In the middle ground between the two options, there are an array of tinctures that provide varying combinations of both THC and CBD. A 1:1 ratio of THC and CBD is a common blend, though you can also find others to match your personal needs.
When comparing THC and CBD tinctures, the key differences are their expected effects, source, and how they are legally regulated in varying locations.
Advantages of Cannabis Tinctures
When it comes to choosing the right products for your ideal cannabis journey, every adventurer’s path is unique. Assuming that you’re well-prepared with top-quality cannabis from a reputable dispensary like Canna Provisions, you’ll quickly discover that each form offers its own unique benefits – ultimately, it’s all about picking the ones that serve you best.
Cannabis-infused tinctures boast an array of distinct advantages, many of which have made them one of the more popular ways to enjoy cannabis. Depending on your lifestyle, personal preferences, and needs, you may find that one or more of the benefits of cannabis tinctures appeals to you:
● Discretion: Unlike many other forms of cannabis, tinctures don’t have a noticeable marijuana aroma. Generally packaged in a simple glass bottle with a dropper top, tinctures look very similar to other supplements or medications. You’ll be able to quickly enjoy a few drops without dealing with the attention that traditional smoking can often attract.
● Convenience: It doesn’t get any easier than using a simple dropper to partake in the properties of cannabis, with next to no effort or time required on your part. In seconds, you’ll be ready to tackle your next big adventure.
● Precise serving sizes: Because a dropper gives you greater control over your serving, you can tailor the amount specific to your liking.
● A smoke-free alternative: For some cannabis enthusiasts, smoking cannabis isn’t an ideal option. Regardless of why you prefer to opt-out of smoking, a tincture can offer an excellent smoke-free option.
● Less calories than edibles: Tinctures provide a similar experience to edibles, but without the added calories, sugar, and fat that can come from daily sweet treats.
● Potentially faster onset of effects: Enjoying your tincture sublingually (under your tongue) may produce effects more quickly, as well as result in a longer-lasting experience.
Different Ways to Enjoy a Cannabis Tincture
Like most forms of cannabis, tinctures don’t necessarily come with a single specific answer to questions such as “How much tincture should I take?” or “How do I use tinctures?” Instead, they provide you with the flexibility to customize the experience as you see fit.
Many people choose to enjoy cannabis tinctures with a quick and simple method: sublingual consumption. Place your preferred number of drops directly under your tongue, wait about 30 seconds before swallowing, and you’re ready to go! Alternatively, you can always just drop the desired amount directly into your mouth and swallow immediately – it’s completely up to you.
Another way to enjoy your cannabis tincture is to incorporate it into food or drink for a flavorless boost of cannabinoids. From smoothies and morning coffee to a drizzle over your midnight ice cream, there are a variety of options for mixing cannabis tinctures into food.
Browse Premium-Quality Cannabis Tinctures at Our Massachusetts Dispensaries
Do tinctures sound like an ideal addition to your cannabis journey? Whether you’re seeking a new way to enjoy cannabis for recreational or medicinal purposes, infused tinctured may be exactly the product you’re searching for.
Canna Provisions carries an extensive selection of top-grade cannabis tinctures, offering an array of options when it comes to choosing your next adventure. Expertly formulated, convenient, and delivering exceptional value, our THC and CBD tinctures are crafted with the ultimate in care and consideration. Whether you’re just beginning your exploration of the world of cannabis or are a seasoned consumer, our knowledgeable team can guide you towards the products that best suit your preferences. Explore the best in tinctures and other cannabis products by visiting the Canna Provisions dispensaries in Lee and Holyoke (coming soon!) today.